Chiya pasal are where people go to socialize and tea is at the centre of Nepalese life.So, here is a recipe for tea lpvers everywhere……
(serves 4 cups of tea) 4 cardamon, crushed
2.5cups water hot water 4 tsp of loose tea
2.5cups whole milk (or 4 tea bags)
2 bay leaves 2 ½ tbsp of sugar or honey
½ tsp ground cinnamon (optional-Nepali tea is very sweet)
4 cloves, crushed 1 whole star anise
1 tsp fresh ginger, finally chopped
- Pour the milk and hot water into a pan and put it on a high heat.
- Add the cinnamon powder, bay leaves, cloves, cardamom and tea/tea bags to it.
- Before it comes to a boil, turn the heat to low.
- Let it cimmer for 10 mins to infuse the flavours.
- Sieve the tea into a cup or glass(tea is usually served hot in a 200ml glass tumbler in Nepal).