It’s a healthy vegetarian dish, served as either a starter or main.
8 leaves of romaine or iceberg lettuce 1 carrot, grated or chopped
1tomato, sliced Felfel or veggie party (optional)
1 spring onion, chopped Sweet chilli dip or coriander
50g green and red pepper s, chopped chutney
50g cucumber, grated/finely chopped Salt and chilli flakes to taste
45g fresh sweetcorn ¼ tsp pepper
10-12 baby spinach leaves 1 tsp oregano
25g Brussels sprouts, finely chopped A few toothpicks
A little cheese for grating
- Take two whole lettuce leaves and place them on top of each other. Spread on any chutney of your choice (coriander chutney, sweet chilli dip, etc).
- Add all the mixed vegetables. If you choose to add veggie patties or falafels, then place them over the salad.
- Add the salt, pepper, oregano and chilli flakes for flavor (you can use any other herbs of your choice).
- Grate a little cheese on top.
- Fold the lettuce leaf as a wrap and hold it using a toothpick. Serve it cold.
- For variations you can also add kidney beans, eggs or chicken.