I had this recently when I visited a friend’s house.It’s very easy,quick to prepare,healthy and very tasty.After a few failed attempts I think I have manage to recreate it.
If she Is reading this,I hope I have done your recipe justice
2x 400g cans chickpeas in water 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large red onion cut into long thin slices ½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp finely chopped coriander 2 dry red chillies (optional)
1 tsp ginger-finely chopped
1 ½ tsp mustard seeds
- Drain the chickpeas and soak in hot water to warm up.
- After about five minutes,drain the water and add onions.
- Heat vegetable oil in a small frying pan.
- add mustard seeds,dry red chillies and chopped ginger.
- once the mustard seeds change colour and start popping add turmeric power and immediately remove from heat and mix into the chickpeas/onion mixture.
- sprinkle coriander and mix well.