2cans of chickpeas, drained For the garlic yoghurt
2 onions diced 1 cup of yoghurt
4 cloves of garlic finely chopped 2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp coriander powder 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp cumin powder Salt and pepper
Salt and pepper 1 tsp sugar
Fresh coriander, finely chopped For the salad
juice of 1 lemon ¼ of a cucumber cut into strips
12 wraps 1 carrot peeled and grated
A little plain flour ¼ of a head of lettuce roughly
- Pulse the chickpeas in an electric blender around 3 to 5 times forming a coarse texture.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the chickpeas, garlic, onions, coriander and cumin powder, sesame seeds, lemon juice, flour and salt and pepper to taste.
- Form the mixture into small balls around the size of ping pong balls, flatten, and lightly dust with flour.
- Put 1 tsp of oil into a frying pan, add falafels and shallow fry, turning when golden and crisp.
- For the garlic yoghurt – place the yoghurt into a small bowl and grate the garlic into it and mix. Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper and sugar to taste and mix.
- Warm wraps.
- Take the falafels, salad and garlic yoghurt to the table and let everyone assemble their own.