It’s very spicy so make sure you have a drink to hand you can replace the chicken with lamb/mutton or duck(but with duck,use a little less garlic paste and add a bit more ginger)
500g boneless chicken 1 tbsp cooking oil
(or mutton/duck) 1tsp turmeric powder
4 tsp ginger-garlic paste 1 tbsp cumin/coriander powder
1 tsp black pepper powder 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
1 tsp finely chopped ginger salt to taste
2 large tomatoes Dry chilli to taste
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- PREHEAT GRILL TO 2500C
- Marinate chicken (mutton/duck)with black pepper,cumin/coriander powder and lime or lemon juice.Add aslt to taste.
- place chicken on a baking tray and grill for 15 minutes until golden brown on each side.Alternatively,place the chicken on a BBQ and cook until dark brown.Leave to cool
- Grill whole tomatoes until they turn soft.Leave to sool.
- Mash the tomatoes into a paste and add chilli flakes.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan.
- Add fenugreek seeds to the oil and allow it to cook until it turns dark.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and stir-fry for10-15 seconds then add the turmeric powder.
- Pour into the tomato paste and mix.
- slice the chicken and add to the tomato paste.Mix well and add salt to taste.